Saturday, February 5, 2011

A visit to St Barnabas

Sarah, Caleb, and I had a nasty fall on Thursday. I slipped on some ice outside a preK enrichment program and, as the lyrics go, "we all fall down"! They were a little freaked from the scare of the fall but then also blood-curdling scream for help, but otherwise unharmed. Me, not so much. I could tell immediately that my leg was broken.

A nice guy came to help me and got my phone so I could call Matt and then 911. We wound up at a local hospital, not the one I had just delivered at a mere 12 days ago. Though I wish we did go there, but that's another post.

At first I thought I'd get a cool cast (fun art project for the twins!) and some pain meds and be on my merry way. Unfortunately, I was wrong. X-rays revealed 2 breaks: 1 on the fibula and 1 on the tibia. Both on the right (driving) leg. I needed surgery and they scheduled it for the next day.

Friday morning I was pretty bummed, and Matt and Amy surprised me and brought Caleb and Sarah to visit! Yippee!!

They brought me beautiful flowers and a ballon that has 3 peas that says "peas get better soon". We had snacks and Sarah somehow managed to find the cartoon channel on the tv. I'm not sure who was more excited, them or me! They gave great hugs and kisses and then went home.












Location:St Barnabas hospital

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, how are you feeling? How did the surgery go? I had surgery for the same breaks pretty much and 8 days ahead of you. I am scheduled to get the staples out on Monday and put into a cast. Must be difficult layed up with the little ones. Feel free to write and vent,Amy.
    agolder1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. just think, you'll have plenty of time to keep this blog up to date in the next 12 weeks. looking forward to lots of Molly and twin updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! Just curious, do I know you? How did you find the blog?

    ReplyDelete